( Book Memeage )
Geez, this list makes me look half-illiterate. I read lots of books! Just not the ones on this list, it seems...
( Cut due to length )
(Amusing side note: I had this list on my gmail account, so it picked out some key words and posted Google ads on the side. Google came up with two ads for kids' furniture, one for hiking trails, and another for interior decorating.)
| You scored as Serenity (from Firefly). You like to live your own way and do not enjoy when anyone but a friend tries to tell you that you should do different. Now if only the Reavers would quit trying to skin you.|
Your Ultimate Sci-Fi Profile: which sci-fi crew would you best fit in? (pics)
created with QuizFarm.com
While I'm very happy at getting picked for Serenity, I am a little disappointed that Enterprise-D is only 38%. Of course, seeing how diametrically opposed these visions of the future are, I shouldn't be surprised that one tends to negate the other.
| You scored as Badger. You aren't evil, or really a villain, but you are not especially nice. You don't care what people think, reputation is for those who can afford it. You are looking out for yourself, and your buisness. |
Which Firefly Villain are you?
created with QuizFarm.com
Hmm, my thoughts on this mostly result in mushroom, mushroom!
2) Gay marriage will encourage people to be gay, in the same way that hanging around tall people will make you tall.
3) Legalizing gay marriage will open the door to all kinds of crazy behavior. People may even wish to marry their pets because a dog has legal standing and can sign a marriage contract.
4) Straight marriage has been around a long time and hasn't changed at all; women are still property, blacks still can't marry whites, and divorce is still illegal.
5) Straight marriage will be less meaningful if gay marriage were allowed; the sanctity of Brittany Spears' 55-hour just-for-fun marriage would be destroyed.
6) Straight marriages are valid because they produce children. Gay couples, infertile couples, and old people shouldn't be allowed to marry because our orphanages aren't full yet, and the world needs more children.
7) Obviously gay parents will raise gay children, since straight parents only raise straight children.
8) Gay marriage is not supported by religion. In a theocracy like ours, the values of one religion are imposed on the entire country. That's why we have only one religion in America (and Britain/Sweden).
9) Children can never succeed without a male and a female role model at home. That's why we as a society expressly forbid single parents to raise children.
10) Gay marriage will change the foundation of society; we could never adapt to new social norms. Just like we haven't adapted to cars, the service-sector economy, or longer life spans
Please post this in your journal if you are for gay marriage.
I think #2 is my favorite...